- Ottumwa, IA
What you'll be doing
- This position is responsible to support the maintenance and repair of pipeline and terminal facilities, keeping in good working order and acceptable appearance. Include valve inspections, cutting and threading pipe; bolting and unbolting flanges; pipeline coating application, scraper tracking, the operation of 101 machines, etc. The work may also include the operation of mowing equipment, such as a bush hog and forklifts. The support damage prevention program, including one call, the right of way investigations and maintenance, 3rd party crossings, property owner awareness activities, as required. Stay aware of all environmental regulations, safety directives and operating procedures so that the company can assure compliance. Ensure that management is appraised of any area or issue that should be addressed regarding regulatory compliance including environmental, health and safety. Help to maintain a good relationship with all customers and respond to their inquiries and needs as required. Work as a relief operator as required; perform applicable duties. Maintain accurate and appropriate documentation of all work performed. Participate in emergency response activities as required. Develop an advanced understanding of cathodic protection theory, including inspecting cathodic protection systems for tanks; performing corrosion probes; installing and maintaining test leads; taking cathodic protection measurements and inspecting and testing insulating devices, as required. Perform other duties as requested by management. Support neighboring terminal operations and assist with special projects as needed.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have some related experience in a terminal, pipeline or plant operations required. General knowledge of equipment and maintenance of the pipeline and terminal facilities preferred. General knowledge or experience in the petroleum industry is required. Possess a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent analytical skills. Good communication and problem, solving skills are also required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is an oil and energy compnay.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com