Physician Office Floater
- Atlanta, GA
What you'll be doing
- In this position you will under direct supervision of a physician, physician extender or registered nurse, performs a variety of clinical and non-clinical activities in accordance with established standards and practice of client company. Assists, medical records clerk, x-ray and telephone answering functions. Meets and greets patients in a professional manner; escorts them to the exam room; identifies patients by confirming with them their date of birth or social security number; obtains appropriate patient information and medical history and documents in a legible manner for licensed personnel; takes and records patient vital signs (i.e., blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, weight); aids the physician, physician extender or nursing staff during treatment, examination or testing of patients, which may include injections and immunizations; may assist with procedure scheduling and ancillary testing. Assists the appointment scheduler(s) with physicians patient schedule to ensure the timely flow of patients; may assists front office personnel with referrals, registration, check-out or cashiering, insurance verification and scheduling appointments, tests or hospital admission arrangements; completes medical and physical history forms and other related information requested by third party payors for physicians review and signature.
What your background should be
- Two years previous experience as a medical assistant in an outpatient clinic; or completion of a nursing assistant program and two years previous experience as a patient care assistant, preferably a primary care setting. Applicant may be required to possess a radiological safety certificate. Preference may be given to candidate who possess a medical assistant certification from the commission on accreditation of allied health education programs (CAAHEP); or the accrediting bureau of health education schools (ABHES); or a similarly recognized certifying organization. Applicant must obtain a basic cardiac life support certification within the first 3 months of employment and possess average data entry skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education (GED). Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org