- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- This position organizes and conducts a medically prescribed therapy program for patients involving exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity. Apply diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests. Directs and aids the patient in active and passive exercises. Evaluates, records, and reports patient progress. This position also does initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the client needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments at appropriate time points. Develops and revising the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members. Provide therapeutic treatments and evaluation of equipment needs as applicable. Advise and consults with the family and other agency personnel as applicable. Prepares clinical and progress notes. Evaluate outcomes of care. Participate in in-service programs, mandatory agency staff meetings, case conferences, educational offerings, and agency training programs. Supervise therapy assistants and home health aide as appropriate and make plan of discharge. Contact Supervisor/Case Manager/Physician when additional modalities and/or services are required. Participate in established agency committees as requested by agency. Utilize the Supervisor as the first resource when problems or questions occur in the field, including charting guidelines, coordination of disciplines, and supervision of home health aide services. Participate in quarterly utilization review and chart audits for OBQI/OBQM as requested by agency. Maintain agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability. Demonstrate infection control per OSHA guidelines and agency policies. Ensure compliance with the Medicare conditions of participation and any other regulatory requirements. Maintains a professional appearance, treats others with care and respect, and demonstrates excellent customer service. Possesses and maintains a current CPR certificate and tuberculin testing. Remain current for all other agency mandatories. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- 6 months of experience is preferred but newly graduates are also welcome to apply. Demonstrate good clinical skills in the treatment of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems. Possess good oral and written skills. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order. Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state of employment. Minimum of one year recent appropriate clinical experience required. Home health care experience preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy curriculum accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and/or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the AMA.
Who is the client company
- The company provides skilled nursing, home health aide, occupational and physical therapy, speech language pathology, and medical social work.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org