Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Luling, TX
What you'll be doing
- The physical therapist assistant will be primarily responsible for direct client care, planning and implementing specific treatment programs for individual clients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy in the company rehabilitation system. The candidate will additionally be involved in the further development of the services. Act in accordance with a well developed sense of professional and ethical values. Need good motor coordination to handle clients and equipment safely. Need good hand dexterity for routine physical therapy work. Desire to implement plan of care that facilitates client recovery. Patience for client contact. Resist stereotyping clients in client treatment and professional conduct. Initiate and maintain harmony in both inter and intra programs relationships. Able to provide leadership and direction within her/his duties for the optimal functioning of the team. Receive and follow routine orders. Accept and utilize advice and constructive criticism. Seek information with respect to client care. The physical therapist assistant must be flexible to meet the needs of the system within many different facilities.
What your background should be
- The applicant should be eligible for licensure by the Texas state board of physical therapy examiners. Must have a valid license in the state where the facility resides, to practice. Has current CPR certification and maintain same. Interest in rehabilitation is highly preferred. Able to function in repetitive or changing tasks with ease. Able to work and reason independently, logically, impartially and accurately. Verbal ability to facilitate communication of treatment program and techniques with physical therapist and clients. Numerical ability to perform minimal clerical duties and calibrate equipment. Understand the scientific basis of interventions performed.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited two years program for physical therapist assistants.
Who is the client company
- This is a renowned medical center that provides high quality patient care and outstanding customer service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com