- Glendale, AZ
What you'll be doing
- This position is responsible for the collection and receipt of biological specimens into the department, their proper entry into the company's computer system, the preparation of samples for analytical testing and/or the distribution of these specimens to the proper analytical area. Practice proper patient identification, especially when working on hospital floors. Expect to work with a large number of patients varying in age and health status. Be friendly, courteous and sympathetic when it comes to working with patients. keep your phlebotomy cart or station well-organized at all times. Practice infection control standards at all times when working with patients and equipment. This includes responsibility for pre and post aspects of analytical testing. This position will also perform specified analytical testing as assigned. Follow the guidelines of the code of conduct.
What your background should be
- Minimum age requirement of 18. Good reading, writing and math abilities are required. Good organizational skills are also required. Basic knowledge of department resource materials. Previous experience of at least six months in a clinical laboratory setting. Phlebotomy positions may substitute completion of a phlebotomy school for experience. Basic computer skills required. Requires execution of "confidential information and restrictive covenant agreement". Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Required Schooling / Training
- Must be a high school graduate, or have achieved equivalency through the GED exam.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com