Phlebotomy Service Floater
- Quincy, MA
What you'll be doing
- The phlebotomy service floater will perform greeting and treat all customers in a courteous manner. S/he will ensure all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected accurately, on time, and according to established procedures. Responsible for completing all requisitions accurately. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order. Perform package specimens for transport. Maintain required records and paperwork, and all appropriate PSC/phlebotomy logs. Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data. Perform basic clerical duties, including but not limited to filing, faxing, preparing mail, answering telephones, and electronic data entry. Communicate professionally with clients and patients to resolve or refer, and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report critical issues as they occur. Perform all duties of phlebotomy services rep II. Ensure facilities are neat, clean, and in good repair. Act as a mentor and resource person for new employee, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment and familiarity with department protocols, practices, and procedures. Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work group or PSCs. All other duties as assigned, within the scope of the position.
What your background should be
- Medical training in medical assistant, paramedic is helpful. Medical terminology is helpful. Phlebotomy certification preferred. The candidate with 3 years inclusive of pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections experience. Minimum of 6 months as phlebotomy service representative II in patient service center environment preferred. S/he should have excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collections. The incumbent must have reliable transportation and valid driving license. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner. The incumbent is capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting. Excellent keyboard/data entry skills preferred. S/he should have demonstrated familiarity and compliance with all protocols, practices, and procedures of branch operations department. This position must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment. Seek supervisor guidance when appropriate.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is a hospital & health care company that provides clinical laboratory services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org