- Tampa, FL
What you'll be doing
- Greets and interviews patients. Receives and interprets laboratory request slips, reviews request slips for required information, and determines the fitness of the patient for tests requested by the healthcare provider/physician (i.e., fasting state, liquid intake, medication, dietary instruction). Ensures specimens are collected in the amount and type of specimen required (e.g., with or without a particular anticoagulant) for each laboratory test. Enters test requests into the electronic medical record system. Performs timed blood collection procedures, such as glucose and lactose tolerance tests. Instructs patients on collection of timed urine collections. Collects blood specimens from ambulatory or bed patients via venipuncture, finger, heel, or toe stick, as appropriate, using standardized procedures. Maintains blood collection tray in a clean, hygienic state and replenishes blood collection supplies as needed. Verifies physician, patient care, and records location identifiers, ward and clinic locations, and provider codes for entering accession information into the computer terminal.
What your background should be
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of phlebotomy experience. Strong ability in multi tasking. Must have strong communication skills. Ability in talk verbal and oral way. Basic computer skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school or equivalent (GED).
Who is the client company
- This is a great agency of given work.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com