- North Platte, NE
What you'll be doing
- Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking, storing medications and supplies in appropriate locations. Packages medications, restocks items in the dispensing areas, identifies and fills replacement items in floor stock areas, crash carts, automated devices, etc. Prepares sterile products including large volume items and piggyback items. Picks up orders, requisitions and medications for return from patient care areas when making delivery rounds throughout the day. Enters charges and credits into the computer systems, generates reports and labels as required. Answers telephone, identifying self and the department, directs calls to appropriate staff, responds to customers at the front counter and makes deliveries when requested. Tracks expiration dates for medications within the pharmacy department and patient care areas and removes expiring medications from all areas of the facility.
What your background should be
- Must be at least 18 years old. Active registration, in good standing, with the Nebraska board of pharmacy as a pharmacy technician within 90 days of employment. Must work with the understanding that pharmacist have the responsibility for over site of the work of pharmacy technician as specified by state law and are responsible to perform work related requests or tasks as assigned by the pharmacist.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduation or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a not-for-profit health organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org