- Valdosta, GA
What you'll be doing
- Perform all functions and duties of a pharmacy service representative to ensure prompt service in the pharmacy department. Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation and entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution. Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law. Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory where permitted by state law. Create prescription labels and put them on prescription containers where permitted by state law. Place medication into prescription containers where permitted by state law. Complete paperwork related to filling prescriptions and input customer and prescription data into the computer system where permitted by law. Assist with maintaining the pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order. Assist in inventory management processes including: order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation. Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
What your background should be
- Minimum age of 18 years old as required by state law. Ability to pass drug test. Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated. Ability to preserve confidentiality of information. Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency. Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis. Ability to work extended days on a rare basis. Ability to work day or evening hours. Accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects. Familiarity with pharmacy law and industry/technical terms and processes. Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines. Excellent customer service skills. Familiarity with SYSM and other communication tools. Ability to resolve conflicts and problems as arise. Pharmacy technician certification where required by state law.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Who is the client company
- This is is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org