- Chester, MD
What you'll be doing
- Assist in pharmacy operations to achieve business objectives. Maintain inventory levels to company goals, rotates stock, complies with recalls, and utilizes return process. Work with pharmacy manager to coordinate pharmacy schedule; assist with direction and monitoring of pharmacy personnel and performance. Participate in the company pharmacy care program, including administering immunizations, travel medicine, medication therapy management, and other specialty programs; this includes successful completion of APhA immunization training or its equivalent. Focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensure that customers are provided world class customer service through use of best practices and prompt communication with physicians, vendors, and colleagues. Ensure all work processes are performed efficiently and effectively at each work station by prioritizing workload and organizing workflow. Verify accuracy of pharmacy team by following established procedures. Work in communication with various levels of management to resolve issues. Maintain proper pharmacy and general safety procedures and standards, including department cleanliness. Support timely implementation of company policies, procedures, and programs. Follow compliance for all local, state, and federal laws, company policies and procedures, and state regulations regarding intern, technician, and assistant training and licensure. Maintain all state and federal record keeping for legend drugs and controlled substances. Adhere to company and division dress code standards and maintain professional appearance of the pharmacy. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Must have an active pharmacy license in state(s) of practice with all held licenses in good standing and be immunization certified. Qualified to participate in federal health care programs, including but not limited to medicare and medicaid. Knowledge of laws governing drugs, pharmacy products, and third party plans. Self-motivated with the ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under tight time frames. Maintain honesty, integrity, and high levels of efficiency and accuracy at all times. Demonstrated practice of and high-level skill in multi-tasking, championing change, initiative, customer service, interpersonal relations including building relationships and resolving conflict, decision making, problem solving, teamwork, and verbal and written communication. Ability to work a variety of schedules to include long hours, evenings, holidays, and weekends. Bilingual Spanish stronly desired. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and pharmacy-related software.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited pharmacy college recognized by the American council of pharmaceutical education (ACPE).
Who is the client company
- Client company is one of the largest food and drug retailer.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com