- Oklahoma City, OK
What you'll be doing
- Undertake petrophysical data processing, interpretation and analysis, using appropriate tools and technologies, to provide world class solutions to the customer. Reconcile log analysis with core data, and other analogues, for consistent interpretation of petrophysical properties such as for lithology, porosity, and fluid saturations. Integrate high-end log measurements with conventional logs (e.g. nuclear magnetic resonance, elemental spectroscopy, multi-pole acoustic, 3D resistivity and borehole image data with density, neutron, resistivity) in order to deliver a comprehensive petrophysical evaluation. Special emphasis is on evaluation of unconventional shale reservoirs. Provide single-well analysis and multiple-well field studies. Provide petrophysical input to multi-disciplinary projects within the company. Assist in training of internal clients especially on techniques related to the evaluation of shale plays. Communicate with clients, to advise them on petrophysics matters and on design of optimal data acquisition programs. Develop strong professional relationships, with current and potential clients, with a view of establishing company as the preferred resource for their petrophysics needs. Responsible for presenting analysis and interpretation reports, to both existing and potential clients. Help to create basin specific models when necessary. Mentor the development of junior geoscientists. Review and assist in petrophysical analysis, done by junior geoscientists, to ensure quality and consistency of results. Assist sales and operations groups, in creation of bids, pre-job planning, job execution and post-job support. Work as a team to ensure that the highest quality data is collected while meeting all standards of performance.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience. Good understanding of petroleum reservoir geology. Experience in resource play evaluation and development. Experience with managing or leading integrated, multi-disciplinary reservoir studies is a plus. Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills. Ability to adapt to changing priorities. Strong communication and presentation skills. Hands-on experience with a recognized petrophysics software package. Expertise in petrophysical evaluation models and techniques used in various oil well environments. Must be able to work both independently and as part of team.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in geoscience or related earth science discipline.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest oilfield services companies.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org