- San Francisco, CA
What you'll be doing
- The responsibilities of a personal trainer include, but is not limited to: sell and deliver personal training sessions to clients. Schedule and conduct new member on-boarding sessions. Assist with new member outreach and follow-up with low users. Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their workouts. Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor, racking weights. Includes picking up loose towels, water bottles, magazines, cleaning equipment, etc. Perform fitness assessments (movement and posture assessments, blood pressure checks, body composition tests) as requested by members. Support, teach and encourage members to meet his or her fitness goals. Work together as a team with all departments. Assist in development and implementation of new fitness programs or classes. Be the club goodwill ambassador and greet and assist members. Develop relationships and encourage member referrals. Enforce companies policies, such as cell phone use, etc. Attend fitness department and fitness training meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current.
What your background should be
- Previous health club personal training experience is a plus. Communication skills, customer service oriented. Operational knowledge of resistance training equipment and proper form. Knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics. Knowledge of injury prevention and basic rehabilitation. Knowledge of basic movement and posture assessments and body composition assessments. Ability to calculate target heart rate. Basic knowledge in nutrition. CPR and First Aid CPR or AED certification. Minimum one (1) NCCA or NBFE accredited certification. Proof of citizenship or legal status. Must follow OSHA and companies safety standards.
Required Schooling / Training
- 4 years college degree in fitness related field.
Who is the client company
- Concern about health, wellness & fitness services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org