Personal Care Associate
- Langhorne, PA
What you'll be doing
- Works well with customers; shows understanding and patience. Receives and gives report of on-coming and off-going shifts by oral and written log. Informs supervisor of changes in customers conditions and needs. Documents these observations thoroughly and communicates any changes to other staff. Answers emergency call lights and responds appropriately. Charts and logs all emergency calls. Reports all incidents to customer care director and on-coming staff. Provides personal services for the customers in a professional and efficient manner. Performs dining room duties and assists with dining needs of customers. Performs housekeeping duties and maintains a neat and professional environment. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds, per customer service plans. Assists customers relatives, visitors and guests as needed. Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent image. Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting and using equipment. Concerns him or herself with the safety of all community customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his or her role in carrying out the sites fire, safety and disaster plans and current MSDS. Puts customer service first. Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere and recognizes individual needs and rights. Performs all other duties as requested.
What your background should be
- Previous experience as a nursing assistant, home health aide or homemaker or personal care homemaker is preferred. Current certificate in an accredited first aid course and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Participation in medication course required. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
Required Schooling / Training
- A minimum of a high school diploma or graduation equivalent is preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a provider of short-term post-acute, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and long-term care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com