Payroll Tax Specialist
- Hanover, MD
What you'll be doing
- The payroll tax specialist will work in the corporate payroll department of the company. Under direct supervision, the payroll tax specialist prepares federal, state and local unemployment and withholding tax forms and filings. Prepares basic corporate payroll tax forms such as, but not limited to state unemployment, state and local withholding tax. Prepares timely and accurate filings based on jurisdiction requirements. Prepares basic amended returns, processes refund checks, reviews and processes outstanding checks within established timeframes. Responds timely, within two weeks of receipt and accurately to correspondence received. The payroll tax specialist also maintains an established workload for the department of current work as well as historical inquiries. Utilizes and develops a basic understanding of various tax programs and software such as, but not limited to, MasterTax, NACHA, PeopleSoft and Microsoft Word and Excel. Works with confidential matters. Educates and trains, where possible, corporate, payroll and field personnel in tax related issues.
What your background should be
- 2+ years of related experience in payroll tax filing or other tax experience required. The applicant should be familiar with tax compliance as it relates to payroll records to ensure compliance and a high level quality control. Working knowledge of basic office technology such as Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or MasterTax related tax software is preferred. Payroll tax specialists are expected to develop a working knowledge of payroll taxes, software used and internal work flows/procedures. Good human relations, communications (oral and written skills) and the ability to support and work with a team is expected.
Required Schooling / Training
- A background in basic accounting is preferred.
Who is the client company
- It is a leading staffing agency that matches qualified candidates with top companies worldwide.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org