Patient Support Technician
- Columbia, SC
What you'll be doing
- Provides direct care as assigned. Performs patient phlebotomy as assigned. Performs electro cardiology as assigned. May require access to storage areas where medications are kept and carry out procedures that require the use of non-prescription medications. Performs responsibilities accurately, timely, and safely for assigned patients/area. Communicates and informs appropriate personnel, patients and family members of pertinent information in a timely manner. Maintains accurate paper and electronic documentation. Utilizes equipment and supplies safely and appropriately; orders supplies as needed; labels specimens correctly. Performs basic nursing care, simple and complex procedures, multiple treatments, waived testing and transports assigned patients. Shows proficiency in blood collection and performs tasks in timely and accurate manner. Performs EKGs.
What your background should be
- 1 year nurse tech hospital experience or skilled nursing facility is required if the candidate does not meet the CNA/Nursing Fundamentals educational requirements. Computer experience is required. 2 years NT/NA experience is preferred. . Successful completion of an EKG course for portable EKG and successful completion of a phlebotomy course from an accredited organization preferred. Successful completion of tech training course as evidenced by CNA exam or nursing fundamentals from accredited organization.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org