Patient Services Manager
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- The patient services manager will plan, coordinate and manage patient food service activities, complying with the standards established by company, regulatory agencies and the client. Lead patient services supervisors and staffs to ensure meals are properly prepared, plated, delivered to patients, rounding on patients/departments, management of the diet office call center, host/hostess program, safety/sanitation, room service and tray delivery operations and other duties assigned. Establish and maintain effective working relationship with other departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care. Deliver strong operational performance by executing company and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents. Drive patient satisfaction and maintain client relationships through rounding. Ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards. Supervise staffs, trains, conduct applicable rounding and manage the performance of the food service supervisors, diet office, kitchen, tray line and patient meal delivery staff, including applicable rounding. Serve as liaison between the dietetics staff and food service departments. Recognize and adopt activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrate knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient population. Coordinate activities related to menu distribution and other menu related issues, and facilitate operations related to production, distribution and service of food to ensure optimal nutrition care of patients/residents. Manage and control resources and materials to ensure quality, adequacy of supply and cost control within budgetary guidelines.
What your background should be
- Required at least 2 years of food service supervisory experience in a healthcare service preferably within the patient services area. Registered dietitian is desired. Prefer experience in managing and developing supervisors and hourly staff with the ability to manage through conflict resolution. Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff with exceptional communication skills. Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Require management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client and company information. Must be proficient in using Microsoft office programs.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition or Food Service Management preferred. HS Diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- The company is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org