Patient Service Coordinator/Medical Assistant
- Baltimore, MD
What you'll be doing
- Collects patient information and assessment data. Obtains and records patients vital signs: temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height. Reports assessment findings to practitioner, and records on appropriate documentation forms in a timely manner. Obtains additional data from patient and significant other based on initial data collection. Performs chart review prior to clinic visit to obtain historical data. Monitors patient status recognizing and reporting abnormal findings or changes in condition. Organizes patient care activities based on assessment findings. Confirms and clarifies written orders prior to implementation of delegated tasks. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and infection control when performing clinical duties and tasks. Under clinical supervision, performs delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective, and efficient manner. Assists practitioner in identified patient procedures/treatments/examinations, (preparation, positioning, supplies, equipment). Proactively problem-solves and identifies solutions to barriers to safety. Appropriately obtains and manages specimens, including: labeling, form completion, transport to laboratories, and log maintenance. Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures according to clinic guidelines. Relays information to patients regarding preparation for laboratory tests and examinations. Assists patients or family members with completion of medical insurance forms. Informs patients of costs of care being provided, and guides them to appropriate resources for further information, guidance, or assistance. Arranges or assists in arranging patient transportation. Answers phones and provides routine information to callers. Orders, stocks, and maintains exam rooms and clinic areas with standard levels of supplies, medications, linens, nourishments, forms and equipment. Operates clinical equipment according to equipment procedures including safety and quality control checks.
What your background should be
- One year related experience is required. Current CPR certification required. Must maintain MA and CPR certification/registration during duration of employment in this position. Requires highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills with patients, physicians, and other health care team members required to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality of outpatient care. Service excellence and service recovery skills and knowledge preferred. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task a must. Intermediate typing and computer skills necessary. Medical terminology and a working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and Internet preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org