Patient Service Associate
- Bellevue, WA
What you'll be doing
- Review the charts and insurance referrals/authorizations and taking appropriate action to assure proper maximal reimbursement. Assist the physicians and/or administrators in all business and patient care responsibilities. Coordinate office communication flow. Communicate effectively and courteously with and demonstrates a caring attitude toward patients and their families. Greet, direct and assist large numbers of visitors and refers visitors to various areas. Ensure all patient demographic and insurance information. Answer telephones using correct telephone etiquette at all times, recording legible and complete messages, handling questions, transferring incoming calls appropriately, contacting physicians, insurance companies, hospitals, diagnostic facilities, billing departments, etc. as necessary. Review patient intake information to verify insurance coverage. Verify patient insurance information, call for insurance authorization, patient address, telephone, etc.. Bring new ideas, positive attitude and lots of energy. Responsible for maintaining and recording patient schedule. Identify and collect co-pays, deductibles and other payments. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Three years of recent experience in a related position in a medical office; obstetrical and/or perinatal office experience preferred. Ability to prioritize jobs duties and meet deadlines. Ability to effectively work on many tasks at one time. Have superior customer service and verbal and written communication skills. Strong computer knowledge; experience preferred. Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment. Ability to handle stressful situations.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about specialized health services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com