Patient Financial Navigation Specialist
- Paoli, IN
What you'll be doing
- The individual in this position is responsible for obtaining and documenting patient demographic and financial information in a courteous and efficient manner. Obtain accurate and complete insurance benefit information for all registrations to ensure maximum reimbursement. Initiate and complete follow-up on required accounts. Essential for maintaining positive patient account outcomes. Articulate information in a clear and informative manner to patients, guarantors, family members, clinical staff, other hospital personnel, physicians, and office staff. Follow the organization and patient financial navigation policies and procedures.
What your background should be
- Prefer extensive healthcare experience related to admission; billing or physician office practices. Prefer knowledge of medical terminology. Prefer knowledge of federal and state regulations affecting patient admissions and transfers. Prefer experience with insurance plans and third party payer requirements. Ability to work effectively with culturally diverse populations required. Ability to interview and obtain information in a professional and courteous manner required. Excellent communication and customer service skills in dealing with various client groups; patients; families; physicians and practice staff required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree is preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a not-for-profit, academic medical health center.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com