Patient Care Technician
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for driving the company culture through values and customer service standards. Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers. Develop and maintain effective relationships through effective and timely communication. Take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner. Assist other health care members in providing patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where appropriate Online Clearance Monitoring (OLC), Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP), Urea Kinetic Modeling (UKM), and regarding disease process/access. Evaluate vascular access for patency and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor. Perform vascular access evaluation pre treatment and report unusual findings to nurse supervisor. Initiate dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders including blood flow (QB) and dialysis flow (QD). Evaluate intradialytic problem and provide intervention as prescribed by physician order or as directed. Monitor patient response to dialysis therapy and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor. Observe patient and conduct machine safety checks according to facility policy. Report any change or unusual findings to the nurse supervisor. Maintain environmental integrity and aesthetics ensure all areas are safe and clean. Clean and disinfect dialysis machine surface, chair, equipment and surrounding area between treatments according to facility policy. Conduct all tasks necessary for preparation for dialysis treatment and document where appropriate. Perform all required pretreatment dialysis machine alarm testing including Pressure Holding (PHT). Enter all treatment data into the designated clinical application accurately and in a timely manner. Collect, label, appropriately prepare and store lab samples according required laboratory specifications. Ensure collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab courier.
What your background should be
- Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or related facility preferred. Employee have to meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services (CMS) approved state and/or national certification or High school diploma or G.E.D. and must meet certification requirements within the required state or CMS time line.
Who is the client company
- The company provides healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com