Patient Care Assistant (PRN)
- New Orleans, LA
What you'll be doing
- Patient care assistants provide nursing and technical care to patients under the supervision of nurses in a hospital or nursing care facility. Basic responsibilities of this position are helping patients who are unable to take care of themselves or perform regular daily routines. This can include taking care of the elderly, disabled, chronically ill, or otherwise impaired. A patient care assistant helps patient with basic grooming and dressing needs, administers medication, and when working in a patient home, often attends to basic housekeeping duties that the patient cannot get. Perform a variety of selected age-appropriate patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse that assist in the implementation of a patient plan of care. Perform all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum of one-year experience in adult patient care required. Candidate must be able to complete successfully established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Current CPR certification required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Completion of a nursing assistant program preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical facility serving the greater New Orleans area.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com