Patient Accounts Insurance Representative
- Glen Allen, VA
What you'll be doing
- Responding to team members requests. Remaining knowledgeable and current of all changes relating to insurance policies and filing procedures. Working with the coding specialist to ensure accurate use of CPT and ICD-9 codes. Working with insurance representatives to ensure claims are filed properly. Providing quality customer service to patients, center employees and administrative offices. Reviewing and maintaining reports. Maintaining the daily work flow goals of the department. Responding to patient calls within a timely and courteous manner. Performing all other duties as assigned by management.
What your background should be
- 3 years of experience working in the healthcare field, preferably in a medical billing department (preferred). Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-tasking (required). Employee must be 18 years of age or older. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience (required). Certified professional coder [CPC] or certified professional coder apprentice [CPC-A] (preferred). Typing experience required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent required; some college preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company provides a full range of urgent care and primary care services through local health care centers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com