Patient Account Representative
- Madison, WI
What you'll be doing
- Generates and reviews claims reports for accuracy. Prepares and submits claims to Medicare and insurance companies for payment electronically or via mail in a timely manner. Reviews and processes explanation of benefits (EOB) statements received from Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance providers. Applies adjustments to patient accounts by entering approved amounts into the billing system. Reconciles and balances accounts. Responds to calls from customers, insurance providers, customer service personnel, and others regarding billing concerns. Reviews customer accounts and provides necessary follow-up to ensure for customer satisfaction. Prepares account histories for customers as requested. Reviews insurance denials and researches reason for denial. Performs necessary account follow-up by contacting insurance companies and others resolve payment discrepancies. Submits corrections or bills the patient or other insurance. Reviews the aging report and provides necessary follow-up and research to resolve outstanding claims. Contacts customers for payment. Creates and generates collection notices. Files and maintains collection documentation.
What your background should be
- One to two years of prior billing experience in a health care environment or any other combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities. Ability to use a computer for e-mail, data inquiry, data entry and word processing. Ability to create and utilize spreadsheets. Ability to run queries and reports from the financial system and Medicare system. Skilled in Outlook, Word, Excel and computerized billing systems.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma with some vocational training in accounting, business administration or a related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a healthcare services provider company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org