Patient Account Representative
- Marlborough, MA
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for all aspect of follow up and collection, including make telephone call, access payer website. Identify issue or trend and provide suggestion for resolution. Accurately and thoroughly document the pertinent collection activity performed. Review the account information and necessary system application to determine the next appropriate work activity. Verify claim adjudication utilizing appropriate resource and application. Initiate telephone or letter contact to patient to obtain additional information as needed. Perform appropriate billing function, including manual re bill as well as electronic submission to payer. Edit claim to meet and satisfy billing compliance guideline for electronic submission. Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete report and resolve high priority and aged inventory. Participate and attend meeting, training seminar and in service to develop job knowledge. Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual performance evaluation process with supervisor. Respond timely to email and telephone message as appropriate. Communicate issue to management, including payer, system or escalated account issue.
What your background should be
- 0-4 years experience in medical or hospital insurance related collections. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Good written and verbal communication skills. Intermediate technical skills including PC and MS Outlook. Intermediate knowledge of UB-04 and explanation of benefits (EOB) interpretation. Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes. Intermediate knowledge of insurance collections and insurance terminology.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
Who is the client company
- This is a multinational investor-owned healthcare services company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com