Patient Access Representative
- Barberton, OH
What you'll be doing
- The client company is currently looking for a patient access representative. Act as initial contact for any/all patient access services including but not limited to: scheduling of procedures, pre-admission/admission data collection; inpatient admission/updating and ongoing maintenance of inpatient bed/patient census activity. Obtain pre-certification/verification of insurance and identified patient financial information; collect co-pay and process receipt and provide financial counseling/customer service support e.g., establish payment plan; initiate care assurance and worker s comp applications, etc.
What your background should be
- One to two years of experience in registration, insurance verification/pre-certification, financial counseling, patient accounts and/or customer service functions, preferably in a medical setting, or a combination of education and experience. Knowledge of verification and authorization requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, managed care plans, workers compensation and other third party payers. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to pass medical terminology exam administered by HR. Knowledge of Microsoft office/window based applications. CPR certification required must be completed within six months of hire/transfer to position if not possessed at hire.
Required Schooling / Training
- Post high school level coursework in healthcare, accounting, business or public relations.
Who is the client company
- This is an Akron, Ohio-based hospital system.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org