Patient Access Representative
- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- Under general supervision, the patient access representative responsible for secure and provide appropriate medical business information to/from patient family and funding source. Interpret, identify, communicate and document this information by way of: registration, schedule and/or obtain authorization for inpatient, outpatient and/or diagnostic service in a team environment. Record insurance information and obtain pre approval for treatment if need. Relay information between patient and other staff member and provide them with update as need. Keep paper and electronic medical record and update these record as need. Perform other duty as assigned.
What your background should be
- One year of related field experience. Bilingual English/Spanish. Experience with EPIC EMR systems. Experience with collecting co payments and/or cash collections. Listen well and devote full attention to patients and medical professionals alike. Has the ability to remain calm, even under the most stressful of situations. Communicate well, both orally and in writing.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma, GED or foreign equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company providing the largest source of comprehensive pediatric medical services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com