Patient Access Registrar
- West Islip, NY
What you'll be doing
- The patient access registrar is responsible for registering and admitting patients entering the emergency room, gathering demographic and insurance information ensuring correct patient identification. Accurately disposition and scan all relevant paperwork according to hospital policy. Gather information from clients; hospital patient registration specialists execute various administrative functions, such as reception and clerical work. Patient access registrar must make sure that clients properly fill out and sign all relevant insurance and hospital release forms. Perform other related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- This position required previous experience in registration, medical insurance background, and medical terminology. One to two years of experience in a health related field. Excellence in customer service, interview and data accumulation skills, computer/keyboard skills, and internet knowledge required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is a nonprofit teaching hospital and medical center.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com