Pathways Scheduling Specialist
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Performs radiology appointment scheduling for all outpatient exams. Communicates all exam preparation, exam protocol and procedure information to patients, physicians or office staff. Obtains and distributes clinical documentation, patient history and compliance documents coordinated with procedure. Schedules outpatient procedures for services and obtains complete information as required for pre-certification, authorization and referral. Reschedules appointments when necessary. Coordinates various imaging procedures to eliminate exam conflicts with multiple type studies. Performs medical necessity checks using ICD-9 diagnosis codes and radiology procedures for payor requirements. Communicates proper exam preparation for all services at time of scheduling. Submits images to radiologists for biopsy determination, coordinating the scheduling with appropriate departments once determination is made. Assists with lab screenings and alert offices of lab needs. Maintains the storage, retrieval and distribution of outpatient radiology written orders and clinical information.
What your background should be
- Previous radiology or scheduling experience is required. PC experience required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com