- La Habra, CA
What you'll be doing
- Under the direction of the classroom teacher or program specialist, the paraprofessional to students with special needs shall assist in fulfilling the students individualized education program (IEP) as set up by the IEP team. The paraprofessional will help prepare the classroom, monitor and provide documentation of the students daily performance, assist with students personal hygiene and assist classroom teacher with various school events. Assist students with special needs in all self-help activities and activities of daily living. Assist students in appropriate transitional skills. Meet and greet students arriving on buses at transportation areas. Assist students with mobility issues in navigating indoor and outdoor educational environment. Assist with toileting and toilet training (as needed); this can include changing soiled clothing. Instruct in areas of hygiene. Assist with cooking activities. Assist with eating and nutritional needs throughout the day; this includes assisted feeding (as needed). Maintain clean work areas. Maintain proper function and treatment of equipment and supplies as directed. Assist in preparing instructional materials. Lift and secure students safely using a two person lift as necessary. Modify activities appropriately for students with special needs. Check and follow each student's individual and class schedules. Maintain informational charts on student behavior and academic progress. Record regular, on-going academic or behavioral data. Remove students during behavioral disturbances (as needed or directed). Communicate with the school office. Assist with the distribution of parent-teacher communications, as directed. Assist student in completing IEP based goal work. Prepare or gather goal work as needed such as worksheets and other materials. Assist with behavioral interventions as needed or instructed.
What your background should be
- Must possess a valid CA driving license and furnish proof of valid auto insurance. Sit, walk and stand for prolonged periods. Squat, stoop and kneel while working with children chase after fleeing students for safety purposes. May require team-lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for a distance of up to 5 feet.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree. Bachelor degree a plus.
Who is the client company
- The client company provides a safe and caring environment with programs incorporating academics, physical development, positive behavior support & vocational training.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org