Paramedic/EMT Communication Specialist
- Jacksonville, FL
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for accepting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports. Communicates with physicians and their offices and outlying facilities if bed placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Uses problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital. Works collaboratively with other team members as required to develop, and to implement the plan of care. Assists in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures. Provides assistance in maintaining accurate database of information. Exhibits excellent customer relationship skills, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call customer groups, i.e., physicians and their office staffs, callers, fellow employees, etc. Deals effectively with unsatisfied customers. Confidentiality is maintained in sensitive situations or when dealing with classified/confidential materials.
What your background should be
- The applicant should have experience in related field. Must be able read, speak and type English language. Must be proficient in EMTALA. Must be knowledgeable with respect to medical terminology. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly. Telephone manners and use of professional vocabulary. Ability to work with minimal supervision, by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action as well as ability to function calmly in stressful situations. Basic typing and personal computer skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com