Outside Sales Agent, Insurance
- Montgomery, AL
What you'll be doing
- Develop new prospect to increase sales of an organization product or service. Explain insurance and various product offer to client and make recommendation based upon the need of the client. Meet and exceed sales goal through new product sales and cross sell. Implement marketing program and initiative which further the client companies brand in the local market (car dealership, local event, etc.). Build and maintain relationship with community organization and local business. Develop and manage customer relationship and serve as a resource to customer and potential customer on all client companies product and service. Responsible for monitor key competitor in the local market area and make suggestion on initiative that could improve client companies position in the marketplace. Receive customer payment, issue receipt and verify balance or daily report of receipt for cash drawer. Understand, promote and remain current on company underwriting guideline, announcement and memo related to change in company policy and procedure. Responsible for sales administration and report activity. Ensure application and complete paperwork correctly and in a timely manner.
What your background should be
- Minimum 1 year successful business to consumer sales experience, ideally within the insurance industry. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision active property or casualty and life insurance licensure is an ongoing requirement of the job. Current licensure for the state the individual is to be employed in is strongly preferred and may be given preference. Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationship and market client companies product within community organization and the local business community. Strong demonstrated ability to market and sell in multi product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment. Excellent interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation delivery with ability to clearly communicate the features and benefits of insurance and other ancillary products to customers. Ability to analyze and interpret insurance policies and insurance coverage or experience in working in a compliance and regulatory environment strongly preferred. Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college experience a plus.
Who is the client company
- This is a privately-owned financial services holding company whose principal operating subsidiaries provide non-standard personal automobile insurance, term life insurance and other consumer products and services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org