- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Outreach support strong relationships with local high schools, community-based organizations and other groups that work with urban young adults from a full range of communities and identify productive avenues to support recruitment of future students. Coordinate relationships that provide social services and student resources. Create awareness of the organization program in the community, including cultivating relationships with organizations able to provide internship/apprenticeship opportunities. Design and produce regular reports to track, document, and measure community outreach progress. Evaluate community outreach results and recommend future initiatives based on program needs. Collaborate with community outreach and admissions staff from each of the sites to build and hone effective tools and systems and to share best practices across the network facilitate collaboration across teams. Provide data as needed for site meetings, cross-site meetings and other outreach events. Attend job fairs and other community outreach events to connect with potential students. Give verbal presentations to both community organizations and potential students about the company program. Identify and maintain appropriate avenues for advertising the program through traditional and social media site/learning community member serve as an advisor/mentor for a small number of current students join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students. Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
What your background should be
- Experience in community outreach or sales/marketing is a plus. Experience or comfort working with high schools, community colleges and/or community based organizations. Demonstrated success building, managing, and growing meaningful relationships with a diverse range of constituents.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma/GED plus a commitment to complete associate degree.
Who is the client company
- Concern about nonprofit organization management and workforce development services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com