Outpatient Pediatric Dietitian-San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio, TX
What you'll be doing
- The main focus of this position is on outpatient pediatric care. Maintain dietetic registration, state-required credentials and/or licensure, specialty credentials, and continuing education requirements. Manage the development and implementation plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the nutrition care process. Conduct patient nutrition assessment on a population that may include higher overall patient acuity. Provide nutrition counseling for individuals and groups, taking into consideration any adaptations to teaching methods necessary to meet patient learning needs. Utilize assessment & evaluation techniques that take into consideration the various needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns. Provide appropriate follow-ups in accordance with the patient treatment goals, referring patients for outpatient counseling, community, or home health services as appropriate. Partner with medical professionals to meet objectives and to find innovative ways to shorten hospital lengths of stay and to minimize rates of readmission. Maintain clinical productivity standards and accurate record keeping of daily clinical activities, including information for scheduling and billing. Demonstrate accountability for the proper use of patient protected health information. Build and strengthen client relations through rounding in order to drive patient satisfaction.
What your background should be
- The position is considered a outpatient clinical position, and requires at least 2 years of practice experience. Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Pass a national examination administered by the commission on dietetic registration (CDR).Obtain required state licensure to practice dietetics.
Required Schooling / Training
- Minimum requirements completed a minimum of a bachelor degree at a US regionally accredited university or college.
Who is the client company
- The client is an American foodservice, facilities, and clothing provider supplying businesses, educational institutions, sports facilities, federal and state prisons, and health care institutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com