- Agawam, MA
What you'll be doing
- Promote safety as the number 1 priority of all company employees. Read customer order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed. Safely convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas. Sort and place materials or items on racks and shelves according to pre-determined sequence such as size, type, or product code. Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets, or convey orders to packing station or shipping department. Marks materials with identifying information. Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed. Weigh or count items for distribution to ensure conformance with company standards. Perform other tasks as required.
What your background should be
- 3-5 years forklift experience in a warehouse and/or shipping/receiving environment preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and work orders. Ability to perform simple mathematical equations, use a basic calculator and scales. Ability to operate a fork truck within reasonable speeds and safely in a congested warehouse environment. Team-oriented approach with a desire to work in a hands-on capacity. Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about retail execution and category management services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org