Order Entry Technician
- Las Vegas, NV
What you'll be doing
- Performs order entry tasks and the related activities in support of the medication dispensing process. Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription. Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner. Process orders based on the priority assigned. Batch and print labels, forms and delivery tickets. Prepares backup pharmacy orders. Complies with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling. Provides dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags. Courteously assists all internal and external customers. Consults with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns. Completes all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
What your background should be
- Good interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible. Good organizational skills and detail oriented. Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently when inputting information. Ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is an American company working in the health care industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org