- Jonesboro, GA
What you'll be doing
- The ophthalmology technician works under the supervision of the clinical supervisor, assumes the responsibility and accountability of performing ophthalmic tests on patients as requested by ophthalmologist. The ophthalmology technician will provide direct and indirect patient care associated with physician office visit. Assist provider in the examination and treatment of ophthalmology patients. Assist ophthalmologist with clinical procedures and performs as special assistant, using procedures pertaining to all types ophthalmologic surgeries. Prepare patients for and performs general preparation of pre-operative patients. Provide post-operative instructions as directed by the physician. Assist provider in contact lens cleaning, dispensing, insertion/removal and patient instruction. Prepare and fit patients with special optometric devices as instructed by the provider. Instruct patients in correct care, hygiene post-procedurally. Order and maintain ophthalmologic medications and supplies. Complete daily, weekly, and monthly Quality Initiatives for the department. The ophthalmology technician will perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum seven years of experience as an ophthalmic technician or ophthalmic experience combined with surgical procedural experience. BLS must be obtained prior to hire date. Fully proficient in and perform Goldman Visual Fields, Biometrics, and Fluorescein Angiography.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) required. Associate degree in optical technology preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client is an integrated and the largest managed care organization in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org