- Olive Branch, MS
What you'll be doing
- The position is responsible for directing operational aspects of the facility; supervising approximately 40 teammates, planning, monitoring and managing actual performance against operational portions of the budget; this includes, but is not limited to, proper management of departmental staffing levels, overtime and overall operational headcount. Assuring the attainment of facility production, quality and safety objectives leading, coaching, mentoring, and developing teammates on job functions/procedures to achieve objectives and productivity goals. Effective management of slotting/clustering using product velocity statistics, coordinating and conforming to the operational aspects of company's core. Excellence program and auditing regularly to ensure full compliance. Knowing and evaluating operational productivity goals, monitor daily and ensure goals are achieved. Implementing process improvement programs utilizing lean/six sigma methodologies. Leading operational initiatives to ensure inventory accuracy goals are met. Providing assistance to the facility manager and operations manager on special projects as required.
What your background should be
- Two to three years of management/supervisory experience, preferably in a distribution center environment required. Previous experience using warehouse management systems (WMS) and radio frequency (RF) technology preferred. Development and implementation of performance metrics. Proven six sigma or lean methodologies skills to reduce waste and improve performance. Previous experience monitoring and utilizing labor management systems (LMS). Excellent organizational and analytical skills, prioritization and problem solving skills essential. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively interact with company customers and teammates. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
Required Schooling / Training
- BA/BS degree in logistics or related discipline or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a third-party logistics provider for manufacturers, retailers and U.S. government agencies.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org