- Waukegan, IL
What you'll be doing
- The operations manager is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day franchise activities to meet established operating goals, standards, sales and profits. The operations manager ensures the franchise is consistently operating in compliance with the franchise agreement. Promotes and protects the companies brand. Determines staffing requirements, trains new employees or oversees these processes. Responsible for employee accountability and adherence to franchise and system standards and policies. Assists in employee scheduling and dispatch of movers and drivers. Responsible for employee development and corrective action programs. Coordinates and directs the fleet maintenance and equipment inventory programs. Ensures compliance with all DOT regulations and FMCSA guidelines. Handles customer concerns and oversees damage resolution process. Responsible for being the on-call emergency contact outside of normal business hours. Participates in regular training and development programs offered through client company to further the knowledge of the system. Performs all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- A minimum of 2 years of business, sales, management or other relevant experience is required. Extensive knowledge of client company system policies, procedures and industry. Excellent oral and written comprehension and communication skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to lead by example to motivate, develop and direct people. Ability to assess the performance of self, employees and franchise to make improvements or take corrective action. Strong decision making ability. Must be proficient with the following Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, Outlook.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or other related field is preferred but not required.
Who is the client company
- This is the largest franchised moving company both in the United States and internationally.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org