- Pittsburgh, PA
What you'll be doing
- As an office manager you are responsible for effectively managing the assigned community office by providing high quality leadership to drive successful goal attainment and ensure that the bank standards and service levels are upheld. Office manager are typically assigned to a heritage community office with an established client base and combined balance sheet loans and deposits of up to $46 million with some growth potential. Your primary focus will be on client retention and relationship management, talent management, and branch operations. Additional responsibilities include acquiring, developing, and retaining high caliber talent. You will be directly involved in the day to day management and development of branch staff by ensuring they understand the expectations of performance goals and the link between these and key activities, providing appropriate coaching and support to achieve scorecard objectives, and identifying performance gaps quickly and developing action plans to address. You are the face of first commonwealth bank and are expected to actively participate in local organizations and events to develop and enhance the bank presence in the local market.
What your background should be
- A minimum of two years of experience in banking or retail sales management required. Two years of supervisory experience. Possess or be willing to develop in-depth knowledge of bank and regulatory policies and branch processes. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a professional manner required. Computer skills with the ability and willingness to learn new applications as necessary.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about banking and financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org