- Spokane, WA
What you'll be doing
- This position will perform general clerical and office duty in the civil department. Answer incoming call take message as appropriate direct caller to correct individual. Receive and resolve or refer citizen complaint to appropriate authority. Type legal document, letter, narrative and statistical report, minute, agenda, contract, bid, etc. Using type writer or word processing program. Proofread and correct draft for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and format. Take dictation and/or transcribe from tape and answer correspondence. Compiles data based on research technique and on statistical compilation which require an understanding of department program, policy and procedure. Draft financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other report as requested. Follow up on action of a court, committee, board, etc. Ensure that decision are implemented, document are prepared and appropriate party notified. Resolve error by researching cause and/or remedy which may require contacting the public, vendor or public and private agency, group or individual. Process and/or enter data or information in computer system, compute fee and issue relevant form within statutory or office policy limitation, receive and issue receipt for payment for license, permit, service, etc. Perform payroll duty such as time and wage computation and leave accrual and usage, prepare personnel action form, order departmental and office supply, prepare voucher and make purchase.
What your background should be
- 1 year of experience at a level equivalent to Office Assistant 3 performing related work which would enable the individual to obtain a familiarity with the general intent or function of the department or division, or substituting coursework or training in office practice, secretarial science or other related area for up to 6 month of the experience.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a county located in the US state of washington.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org