Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Bloomfield Hills, MI
What you'll be doing
- Provides occupational therapy treatment to patients according to the established treatment plan under the supervision of the occupational therapist. Contributes to the development, implementation of, and progression of patient treatment and modifies treatment as necessary. Participates in patent care conferences and program development. Completes appropriate documentation and adheres to policies, procedures and current standards of clinical practice. Provides occupational therapy treatments consistent with the professional and ethical standards of the A.O.T.A. for the occupational therapist assistant. Legibly documents daily and weekly treatments provide in the patient medical record. Coordinates with other disciplines for effective total patient care. Assures delivery of quality care. Participates in the discharge planning process to insure continued patient care as needed and provide patient and family instruction. Contributes to a team philosophy within the department and the company and promotes the same among staff. Delegates work assignments, responsibilities, and patients to support staff as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Effective written communication skills. Effective verbal communication skills. Effective customer relations skills. Effective analytical skills. Ability to exercise professional judgement and initiative when analyzing problems and recommending solutions. Initiative and flexibility in the work environment. Ability to react effectively to the needs of patients and their families. Physical Ability to bend, position, transfer and lift patients weighing from 80 pounds to over 300 pounds, without restriction, utilizing lifting devices clinically recommended for the patient.
Required Schooling / Training
- Successful completion of an accredited occupational therapy assistant program
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com