- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Performs comprehensive patient evaluations, sets appropriate patient goals, develops effective treatment plans, and adheres to patient care and documentation timelines and guidelines per department policy and procedure. Provides safe, functionally relevant, and effective treatment interventions. Plays an active role in the discharge planning process i.e. D/C rounds, team conferences, equipment recommendation/ordering, consulting with care manager, etc. Supervises the clinical aspects of care delegated to technical and supportive personnel. Strives to achieve high level of customer satisfaction (patients, physicians, co-workers, visitors, etc.). Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to deal with difficult situations, etc.). Works efficiently and effectively to achieve department standard for productivity. Displays active involvement in the quality management program. Successfully completes all annual requirements for continued employment. Actively participates in professional association. Demonstrates the components of i care values statement. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Performs other job-related duties as requested.
What your background should be
- Relevant experience preferred. Current licensure with the Texas board of occupational therapy examiners required. Certification in basic life support for healthcare providers required. CPR certification preferred. Must complete PT/OT competency assessment upon hire and on annual basis.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of occupational therapy.
Who is the client company
- This company provides heart care, cancer treatment, and neurology and neurosurgery treatment.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com