Nutrition Services Worker
- Reno, NV
What you'll be doing
- The client is seeking applicants for a nutrition services worker. As a nutrition services worker, the candidate will maintain personal cleanliness and appearance appropriate for food handlers. Learn, identify and serve a reimbursable meal as defined by the child nutrition program as a unit to each student. Learn to competently and safely operate and clean commercial kitchen equipment, such as mixers, grinders, slicers, dishwashers and ovens; fill the containers and dispensers. Set up serving equipment, containers and cart with dishes; utensils and food. Clean tables, counters, serving trays; wash dishes, pots and pans. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment. Learn to receive and stock groceries and supplies; perform a variety of food preparation activities, such as washing, chopping, grating, slicing, baking and frying food. Train to understand portion control servings, measure and mix ingredients for recipes. Train to prepare, set up and serve breakfast, lunch and a la carte. Operate cash registers or computerized point of sale units. Collect money and reconciliation of daily sales. Assist with food preparation for special functions such as banquets, barbecues or field trips. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have some work experience in related field. Knowledge in preparing and serving food; institutional food service experience is desired. Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions in english; operate commercial kitchen equipment; skill at operating commercial package equipment; operate cooking and food preparation equipment; prepare and serve food.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma is required.
Who is the client company
- This is is a public school district providing public education to students.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com