- Atlanta, GA
What you'll be doing
- Performs assigned patient care and observation duties under the direction of an RN or LPN. Monitors and operates patient care equipment. Performs specialized technical patient care procedures. Maintains a clean and safe environment. Communicates with patients and the nursing team to relay appropriate information and provides patient care. Reinforces patient and family teaching. Participates in the orientation of staff to the unit and nursing technician on the unit. Maintains hospital and unit specific competencies as required. As part of a patient focused service, promotes a supportive and healing environment to enhance customer and staff satisfactions. Assists in emergency situations as directed by an RN or LPN. Ensures that prescribed measures related to hygiene, comfort and rest are provided. Complies with standard precautions guidelines and all other infections control procedures and safety standards to maintains and promotes a clean and healthy work environment. Operates converter chairs, lifts, scales, beds, stretchers, wheelchairs, non-invasive BP monitors, automatic thermometers, sphygmomanometers, pulse oximetry and computers. Performs vital signs and records information. Records blood glucose results. Reports observations and unusual information regarding patients to RN or LPN. Maintains, observes and performs site care of common drainage tubes and devices. Observes color, consistency, amount and odor from drainage tubes; records patient intake and output and notifies RN or LPN of findings.
What your background should be
- One year of direct patient care experience. Certification by the state of Georgia as a certified nursing assistant or certified in an equivalent discipline required. Successful completion of a nursing technician training program or an equivalent training program or currently enrolled in an accredited registered nurse program and have completed two clinical semesters. Must have BLS certification.
Required Schooling / Training
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about non-profit hospital and healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com