- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- The nursing manager is a registered nurse who has 24-hour comprehensive operational responsibility for the delivery and quality of patient care provided in the designated areas of responsibility. The manager assists with developing and implementing performance initiatives to ensure optimal patient safety and outcomes and customer satisfaction. Demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction, initiative, effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communications skills. Fosters interdepartmental/interdisciplinary collaboration. Participates in committees, representing unit and nursing in a positive manner. Ensures that unit consistently achieves desired outcomes for patient care, including high degree of patient and physician satisfaction. Manages unit expenses within approved budget parameters. Implements change, demonstrating the ability to motivate employees and follow through to ensure change in behavior has actually occurred. Plans coverage of unit to maximize presence of management and staff. Maintains ongoing interactions with patients, families, physicians, and staff on how to improve patient care and service provided.
What your background should be
- Progressively responsible experience in a clinical setting for a minimum of 5 years. Leadership experience preferred. Registered nurse with current Texas license. CPR certification and, for magnet designated hospitals in the system, an applicable magnet recognized certification must be obtained within 6 months (preferred at all other locations).
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor required. Master preferred. One degree must be in nursing.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com