- Macon, GA
What you'll be doing
- Working under the supervision of a nurse, the nurse assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene. Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding. Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments. Assists patients in ambulating. Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O. Performs non sterile dressing changes. Passes and collects bed pans. Changes bed linens. Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. Provides age and culturally appropriate care. Orients and mentors new staff members. Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What your background should be
- Current BLS certification through the American heart association required. Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program required. Florida certification as a nurse assistant required. Previous hospital experience is required. Working knowledge of medical terminology required. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com