- Oklahoma City, OK
What you'll be doing
- In collaboration with a physician, performs comprehensive initial patient evaluations through physical exam, patient history and review of laboratory results. Assesses patients to assist physician in determining a diagnosis and treatment plan. Documents information in patient medical record. Conducts rounds, in addition to physicians rounds. Develops and implements patient management plans and records progress notes. Obtains orders from medical staff and activates approved treatment protocols. Monitors patient response to treatment and adjusts treatment within the guidelines established by the treatment protocol. Assists physician with procedures in accordance with defined qualifications and competencies. Performs procedures at the request of the physician in accordance with defined qualifications and competencies. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals in interdisciplinary rounds for patient care and discharge to facilitate continuity of care. When appropriate to the patients needs, provides educational information to patient and family regarding the patients condition. May assist with the educational activities for the staff. Prescribes or administers medications under physician direction and in accordance with oklahoma state laws. May work varying schedules which include evening and weekend schedules. Duties may vary based on assigned area.
What your background should be
- Possession of a valid oklahoma nursing license issued by the oklahoma state board of nursing and a certificate of recognition for practice as an advanced registered nurse practitioner from the oklahoma state board of nursing. Must have prescriptive authority. Knowledge of practices and procedures of nursing. Good patient assessment and communication skills. Knowledge of proper route for administering medications and dosages levels. Knowledge of oklahomas regulatory laws governing prescription drugs. Ability to work effectively as part of a healthcare team to provide excellent patient care.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree in nursing.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & madicine services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com