Nurse Practice Educator
- Meriden, CT
What you'll be doing
- The nurse practice educator acts as the lead for the co-ordination and management of all educational activities in the center. Assists and supports the translation of the genesis nursing philosophy into practice by leading the planning, implementation and evaluation of education to enhance the knowledge and skills of caregivers. S/he provides expertise in clinical nursing skills and knowledge application. Acts as a clinical expert for nursing staff and provides education and mentoring in the development of clinical skills and capabilities. S/he facilitates the enhancement of nursing skills needed for care delivery involving common conditions and disease management issues. Assesses the clinical education needs of the staff and plans, develops, implements and evaluates educational programs to meet those needs.
What your background should be
- Minimum 3 years of full time or equivalent clinical experience is required. One or two years of clinical experience in long term care nursing with one year as an educator preferred. Experience in Gerontology and experience in a clinical specialist role beneficial also preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited in nursing.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org