- Plymouth, MA
What you'll be doing
- Functions as a contributing member of the school in all aspects of the school program. Consults with the school physician, school administrator and others to recommend the establishments, reviews, and revisions of policies, procedures, and specific programs for assessing, improving, and maintaining student health. Assesses/evaluates the total health and developmental status of each student through nursing assessment reviews and the use of evaluation techniques. Assures the school attendance for children who must use medications in the treatment of disabilities or illnesses. Assists students, parents, and teachers to obtain wellness by stimulating behavior changes through individual and group health counseling. Maintains comprehensive school health records. Assists students, parents, and teachers to adapt to a student's chronic health problems. Protects the well being of students both in and out of school including the state legal mandates relative to child neglects and abuses. Works collaboratively with health educators, teachers, and other staff in promoting healthful behaviors. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms. Helps arrange and supervises school based, student health exams. Assures that the health needs of the school population are considered in the community's overall health plans.
What your background should be
- Licensure as a registered nurse (RN). Maintains a valid Massachusetts certification as a school nurse per regulations of the Massachusetts department of education. Previous successful experience in school nursing, public health, or pediatrics preferred. A proven ability to relate to a variety of constituencies including, but not limited to, administrators, teachers, parents, students, physicians, and human service agencies.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com