- Plymouth, MA
What you'll be doing
- Assesses/evaluates the total health and developmental status of each student through nursing assessment reviews and the use of evaluation techniques. Assures the school attendance for children who must use medication in the treatment of disabilities or illnesses. Assists students, parents, and teachers to obtain wellness by stimulating behavior change through individual and group health counseling. Maintains comprehensive school health records. Protects the well-being of students both in and out of school including the state legal mandates relative to child neglect and abuse. Works collaboratively with health educators, teachers, and other staff in promoting healthful behaviors. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms. Helps arrange and supervise school based, student health exams.
What your background should be
- Previous successful experience in school nursing, public health, or pediatrics preferred. Licensure as a registered nurse (RN). A proven ability to relate to a variety of constituencies including, but not limited to, administrators, teachers, parents, students, physicians, and human service agencies. Must possess a sense of humor.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org